Wednesday, June 15, 2011

LG BD640 Network Wireless Blu-ray Disc Player

A friend told me that this unit was great, but could not find many reviews on Amazon and really just had an exam and was negative. I went to my local video store and had the unit at a good price, plus a 30 day money back guarantee which gave him a chance. Setup took less than 10 minutes in total, from the moment I opened the box when I was a Netflix movie streaming.

I created a wireless network with an Apple Airport Express router. I connected the unit to LG for the TV with an HDMI cable (not included). Connect the device to AC power and connected the USB wireless adapter included. When the unit is turned on, the HOME screen is easy to understand, was to SETUP and click on the network. Network at my house was on the list, entered my password and within 30 seconds it was connected. I went to the house, click the line icon, then click on the icon of Netflix. Connected unit, gave me a code that went into my Netflix account on my computer and in less than a minute I was connected and browsing titles.

The very good image quality. Overall very satisfied. DVD quality and the quality of Blu-Ray is very good and similar to high-end units sell for more than 2x.

Technical Details

  • Enjoy 3D Blu-ray Disc movies in Full HD 1080p
  • Internet access lets you stream instant content from Netflix, CinemaNow, Vudu and YouTube direct to your TV
  • Integrated Wi-Fi Connectivity allows you take advantage of Smart TV from any available Wi-Fi connection
  • Standard DVD Up-Scaling delivers exceptional image quality from standard DVDs with 1080p up scaling via HDMI output
  • Dolby Digital Plus lets you experience all of the enveloping surround sound
  • Dolby Digital Plus lets you experience all of the enveloping surround sound that Blu-ray Disc, high-definition (HD) broadcast, and streamed and downloaded media make possible
  • Internet access lets you stream instant content from Netflix, CinemaNow, Vudu and YouTube direct to your TV ? no computer required


No comments:

Post a Comment